Sunday, August 21, 2005

Farewell, Old friend....


My blender died. It's not clear whether it was pushed or if it jumped willingly onto the cold hard floor where it met it's end. It was a good blender. Yes, the Cuisinart Smart-Power 7 speed Electronic blender with it's chrome base and 40 oz glass jar gave me many a delicious protein shake. It truly was (as the manual states) "the life of the party." But now, it's time to move on....I thought about replacing it with one of it's many brothers, but I chose instead to go with something I saw on an infomercial. For shame...but it wasn't just the infomercial that swayed me. A friend recommended it...plus it was on sale....what am I talking about? The Magic Bullet, of course! I've already used it for shakes, omelets and chopping veggies. This thing may not be as well made as my old blender, but for crying out loud, I can use it to make soups, pesto, muffins and all manner of yummy foods! And the best part...instead of glass, there is only lovely, unbreakable plastic. Happy eating everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use the Waring Pro blender. It's really expensive, but it works like a dream. It also has a neat retro look. I'm sorry to read your friend died, but your bullet sounds fun.

9:02 AM  
Blogger smartypantz32 said...

I can't get past the fact that the "Magic Bullet" sounds like a sex toy....I know...get my mind out of the gutter...but it's so much fun down here!!! LOL

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so you've had your Magic Bullet for a couple of months now to really test it out. What do you REALLY think of it now?

What have you actually used it to make (versus all the things you might still hope to make with it)?

If you had it to do over again, would you opt for the same machine?

DeDe

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home