Saturday, August 27, 2005

"the firm"

In the latest issue of Vogue (I *am* a shoe cow) there's an article by Sally Singer (p.630) about this fitness plan she went on. After 10 weeks, she reports she lost 20 lbs. Apparently the program consists of intensive weight and cardio sessions with a personal trainer as well as home delivered meals which added up to (for her) 1800 calories a day. Am I crazy or does that not seem like much food? She makes it sound as though she was lifting and running her butt off, and never feeling hungry. I guess whatever works for you, right? I have NEVER counted calories in my life. Ever. But I have a feeling that I am eating more than 1800 a day. I've lost alot 'o weight, but maybe that's why I haven't shed the fat over my six pack. Maybe I should start counting. hmmmm....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could try just entering your meals for a couple of days into FitDay.com. It's free, no strings attached.

I found that I usually consume somewhere between 1200-1400 calories per day, with an occasional 1100 calorie day here and there as well as a 1500 day every once in a blue moon.

So actually, if Sally is busting her hump as much as she says she is (plus has a fairly active life outside of her workouts), I could see 1800 calories working for her.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home