Saturday, November 11, 2006

Quick & Dirty Update


So, it's been 68 days (and counting) without a smoke. Pretty crazy. And I've been remiss in my blogging because I've gotten all swept up in this running "thing" since the Half-Marathon - it was the Trail of Two Cities in Fresno by the way (Irene). My running partner in crime, Mrs. Z and I have already signed up for the upcoming Turkey Trot and are probably going to sign up for a 2-mile midnight run New Year's Eve in Sacramento. I was so proud of myself because I beat my best time on the treadmill the other night - 31 minutes for 5k BUT THEN this morning we went out-of-doors again and somehow I ended up on the side of the trail with horrible abdominal pain and sissy tears. After the pain subsided, I was able to keep going, but I was pretty mad at myself nonetheless. After all that (and a hearty breakfast) I decided to go shoe shopping. Don't get too excited, it wasn't THAT kind of shoe shopping. It was for some super awesome running shoes (more on those later). While I was at the running store, I signed up for the local running club. So I'm pretty excited, because I have NO idea how to train for running at all or how to work it in with the weightlifting stuff, so I think the club will be pretty helpful. And I think that for the rest of what's left of this year, I'll remain somewhat unorganized about reporting the work-outs/training stuff, but in 2007, I'm gonna log everything and hopefully report back here with # of miles run per week, # of weight days, etc....And maybe we'll see what it all does to the body fat. Also, today I broke a nail and am sooooo mad. So I'd like to add 2 more items to my Christmas wish list:
1. My missing nail
2. The Garmin Forerunner 305 (pictured)...I neeeeed it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert D. said...

What pray tell is THAT kind of shoe shopping? Isn't it all THAT kind? Really, be honest...(grin)

4:36 PM  
Blogger fuzzyelf said...

oh you sly fox, I'm starting to realize you have a shoe problem too....

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home