Sunday, January 14, 2007

Someone finally smiled...

So I started up with the running again yesterday, and all in all, it was good. Except people on the trail weren't very friendly. I try to wave to my fellow runners as we pass, as if we're in some kind of secret club, but mostly they just ignore me, or they snarl. And there was alot of that yesterday. So I went out again today, and I tried really hard to be crusty, but I couldn't stand it and started waving again. This time I had several people nod and/or wave back. Felt like I was back in the south again. I'm either going to start a trend, or I'm gonna be the weird girl in the park that waves to strangers. Either way, I got to try out my Garmin GPS. Here's a tip for anyone thinking of buying or using one: you must hit the stop button when you are finished running and NOT after you have gotten back in your car and driven several miles. Your results are somehow inaccurate that way. It is because of this that I can't say really how I did yesterday and I'm calling it a warm-up. That means today I'm officially back in the business of working out and trying to get rid of the pesky pounds. And I'm going to start posting the day's workouts at the bottom of the posts. We'll see how long that lasts.

Today's Workout: ~4 miles in 45 minutes (obviously walking/running) There is much work to do. "...Cap'n, there be whales here!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert D. said...

Fuzzy, which garmin was that again? The 101, 201, 301, which oh one was it?
Red iPods, coolness! Go Team Fuzzy.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

pro race group has lots of races coming up in the area - we should make some plans

5:37 PM  
Blogger fuzzyelf said...

305, baby! and it rox!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home