Sunday, September 03, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

I wonder what everyone else is doing for the holiday weekend. I spent yesterday and most of today working out, cleaning, watching movies, surfing the web, dreaming of shoes, preparing for a day trip to the coast tomorrow (my last day as a smoker), and reading. At the risk of sounding like a complete nerdo, I'll tell you that I'm reading a book called In Search of Schrödinger's Cat - Quantum Physics and Reality by John Gribbin. It is absolutely fascinating. At least the first 84 pages anyway. Normally, I'd have a book this size (about 275 pgs) read in about 2-3 days, but this sucker is taking me some serious work to wrap my mind around atomic particles, electrons and photons. I was probably redundant just now, but I'd have to go re-read those 84 pages first to be sure. Anyway, it's good, clean fun, and although I haven't finished it yet (wish me luck!), I'd definitely recommend it to all my fellow wanna-be science geeks. There's even a sequel (Schrödinger's Kittens and the Search for Reality) And who doesn't love sequels?

I hope everyone has a safe holiday free from labor. See you Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home