Friday, August 11, 2006

What in the world have I gotten myself into?

Where do I begin? So I'm startin' a little somethin' I like to call the Team Fuzzy Initiative. It's mission is twofold:
1. The Pull-up Challenge - There's this young buck at work that I have challenged to a pull-up contest which is set to go down on Monday, October 28th. He's 10 years younger than me and full o muscle. Sounds crazy, right? Well, I happen to know that so far, I'm ahead. I can do 1, he can do zero. I'm banking on the hope that he won't apply himself...and I'd really like to kick his butt! But honestly, I'd be happy to get kicked if I can pump out just 3 of those puppies! And I'm rallying all the troops at work to get behind Team Fuzzy. I think we might actually get some other co-workers to compete, and that would so totally rock...but we'll see - I'll keep you posted! A side note: You know, it's funny...I work in a nursing home/rehab center and in announcing this "pull-up" challenge, alot of co-workers were wondering what in the world I was thinking trying to start a contest with adult diapers. ha!
2. Fight Club - Here's the 2nd half of my initiative...I have *finally* started my stop-smoking classes! It's this 8 week program that so far seems like it might be workable. The class itself is very reminiscent of a certain Brad Pitt/Edward Norton film where I'm Tyler Durden and this lady that sits next to me is Bob with testicular cancer. And yes, I wanted to cry. But my homework this week was to go out and get support, so that's what I did. I passed out flyers to everyone at work which "outed" me as the filthy smoker I am, but also asking for patience, understanding, yadda, yadda, yadda...Before the day was out, one of my buddies had put a banana on my desk with a sticky note that said "Go Team Fuzzy". Again, I wanted to cry. So the cool thing about the program (and my health insurance, apparently) is that as long as I participate in the class, they'll give me patches, acupuncture, "other meds" free 'o charge. I haven't decided which options I'll take, but I think I'm well on my way to being a "normal" (at least in a sense).

So let's review:
1. kick big guy's butt
2. kick the butts

Go Team Fuzzy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home