Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Well, fuzzy fans, I'm finally back from the dead. Maybe you can guess I got pretty sick there. My whole workout routine derailed! So I went to the doc. They said I had a nasty sinus infection which included 2 ear infections and a side of throat. So they prescribed 2000mg a day of Erythromycin. After 4 doses, I found myself smack in the middle of an hourly puke-a-thon. Nice. Excruciating abdominal pain, dehydration, heartburn, loss of appetite - those were my companions as a lay on the floor from Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon wearing the same clothes I wore to work Thursday morning. It just doesn't get grosser than that. The docs tried to send me to the hospital to get some IV fluids, but I denied them the pleasure. I convinced them I was drinking enough water, but I lied. Water was painful. In the end the docs decided not to give me anymore antibiotics. I'm pretty sure they thought it would tear up what was left of my stomach, but their given reason was that my sinus infection was probably viral and I didn't need the meds anyway. EXCUSE ME?!? I'm so mad I could keep puking. One cool thing was that I got so dehydrated, my left bicep looked ripped! Needless to say, I shan't be taking that medicine ever again. And I still haven't had a real meal yet - still a little tender on the inside, but I'm much better. And I have much more to share, but it will have to wait - I need to go drink some water.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alexandra said...

That sounds terrible. I hope you feel a lot better soon.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Oh wow... That's just, just, ... I can't think of a word to fit, but that just sucks! I hope you're back to feeling 100% soon. I don't do well on Erythromyacin, either.

Take care

~Irene

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home