Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sick Day Continues...

Still sick...Dr. appt tomorrow...made it to the gym for a killer leg workout last night though. And I managed to make it to work, but the gals there sent me home early 'cause on account of all the juices running from my face. It was so gross. I'm one of those girls who NEVER under any circumstances blows her nose in public, but today it was all Kleenex and fingers and damn the consequences. SO, on the way home I rented some more "girl kicks butt" movies: Ultraviolet, Elektra, and Bloodrayne. Yes, I'll pretty much watch anything. "Enough" was good, but it didn't have enough. The training scene was maybe 5 minutes long, but I guess it was worth the ending. "Tomb Raider" was fun, as always, but I'd be more impressed if she had more muscle. And "Girlfight" was really good. It made me want those boxing gloves even more. Shoe cow goes on boxing stampede...sorry, just daydreaming again. On another note, I sorta kinda almost did a pull-up yesterday. Let's call it a half pull-up. I wasn't defeated, and it made me realize what muscles I need to work on. And none of the beefy guys at the gym laughed at me or anything. And on a completely other note...I've been comparing fitness magazine. So here's three I like: Oxygen - pretty good, Fitness RX - also pretty good with neat tidbits of info culled from various studies, and my favorite...Women's Health. It's excellent...I may even get a subscription...Okay I'd better go for now. My runny nose and soft couch are calling. Happy Holiday everyone - burn some sparklers for your sick friend, fuzzyelf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home