Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Quit Day: "How NOT to Quit Smoking" and other business

So, I got home from my day-trip to the coast (it was lovely, thank you) pretty late last night, and since I didn't get much opportunity to smoke whilst out-and-about, (long story short) I stayed up until 2 a.m. smoking every last cigarette I had in my possession while continuing to plow through that physics book. I then only had roughly 3 hours of sleep before getting up, realizing "today's the day", and sticking the first of many nicotine patches to come, on my left scapula. Apparently, I still had quite a bit of nicotine in my system from the Camel-fest last night, and I soon found myself at work, slightly overdosed and completely unable to keep track of my thoughts. Luckily, it was a slow day at the "office", so to speak, so no one seemed to be bothered by the fact that I spent the first hour and a half pacing, rambling and wondering at my lack of mental acuity. Thank goodness it didn't last long, and now, I am able, once again, to focus on things like physics. And math...here's an example of a complex equation I just figured out: This time next year, with all the money I would have spent on cigarettes, I'll be able to buy approximately fifteen hundred dollars worth of lovely shoes! Who says you don't use math in the real world?

Some things I've learned from reading my physics book thus far (145 pages and counting):
1. Laser is an acronym for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.
2. Positrons exist in the real world (outside of Star Trek)
3. When it comes to relationships, I would be an atom of helium. (Sorry, it's an incomplete and pathetic attempt at a personal joke for anyone up at 4:55 a.m. and having trouble sleeping...)

If you don't know about Steve Irwin...where have you been? It's terribly sad and weird.

Other weirdness for the day: click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home