Monday, November 13, 2006

Today, I was a Warrior

Today, I was a warrior. I didn't wake up meaning to do all the things I did this day, but somehow, here I am. First I got up really early and went to the gym with my new shoes. It was fabulous. I ran 2.1 miles at my slowest time BUT I did it without stopping to walk. Neat. And I'm sure I could have gone farther, but I was already late for work. Then, of course, I went to work. After that, I went to Target and bought a snazzy orange yoga mat. THEN, I went to the gym AGAIN and did a very intense 50 minute upper body workout despite the fact that I have discovered my weightlifting gloves MISSING! (sadness and tears abound) THEN, get this, I went to my first yoga class ever. I rolled out my orange mat and prepared for a gentle, soothing session of stretching. It was neither gentle nor soothing. And I'm pretty sure that was because of the following reasons: 1) there was a giganta fan blowing on me which was freezing my pah-toot-tee off and 2) my arms were/are complete jelly (reference the upper body work-out) and 3) yoga is hard. At the midpoint I just gave up and decided to nap, and I could have done it if it hadn't been for the chemical smell of my el cheapo orange mat. I finally put my shoes back on and crawled out of the place. Perhaps tomorrow or this weekend or (hopefully never), I'll regret trying to do too much in one day, but right now, it feels pretty good. And I'll forge on because I have to clean house, cook dinner, and watch Heroes before falling asleep while reading a marathon training book. One guy laughed as I was walking out of the yoga class. As if I was a complete wuss for bailing. Smarmy fellow that he was, he couldn't have known that today I was a warrior.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert D. said...

Bravo FuzzyWarrior roll on!
(Orange mat, cool.)

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home