Saturday, September 03, 2005

Home Sweet Home Part 2

I promise I'll have the blog back up to normal operations soon; I don't want this site to completely waver from its originally purpose, but I'm just devastated about what is going on. I have no words to describe my complete horror at what is happening in Louisiana, my home. Or my disappointment at "our government's" response - or lack thereof. Or my complete dismay about how some people are reacting or not reacting. Or my utter sadness about being stuck all the way here in California and not being able to physically be there to help.
Here in Cali, in the local newspaper, there was a story that related to the high gasoline prices in which a woman was actually complaining that she couldn't afford to drive to a baseball game and had to settle for renting movies. Am I supposed to feel sorry for this woman?
I could go on and on and on, but it's too much. The problems too vast for this forum. I just thank God my family is ok (ok, not unaffected) back home, but I *personally* know too many people that have lost all and may never recover fully. If you're reading this and you want to be part of country in which its people take care of eachother, then scroll down to my previous post and click on the Red Cross link (or find other organizations) and give what you can. ok, that's my last plea - thanks for putting up with me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home