Saturday, May 27, 2006

"There's worse things than being centrist, honey..." #6: Burn, baby, burn!!!


I never knew much about the whole "Enron scandal thing", and as news in general really stresses me out, I never really looked into it. I just knew it was bad. Real bad. So, last week, I rented "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" (2005) on DVD. It seems like someone, somewhere suggested it to me a while back, but I'm not sure who or when. Anyway, having seen it, I'm now of the opinion that it should be required viewing in schools...(except for the language, and some nudity during scenes depicting top execs enjoying their stripper-club habits -yuk)... I realize everything has a spin, but there are some things that are just facts. For example, the movie plays a recorded phone call between these two Enron traders; To sum it up, they're talking about the California fires and how it's just gonna make them richer, and one of them, laughing, says, "Burn, baby, burn." Whatever your political or moral leanings, I think it's an important story for people to understand, so I'm definitely recommending it here. And hey, when you finish watching it, go here, and read about how those two evil dogs, Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling, just got convicted! Hooray! I imagine they'll be in appeals for a very long time, but I hope I'll live long enough to see them finally be put away. Although I think jail is too good for them...you know what I say? Burn, baby, burn! Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home