Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Cure - Long story short...

Finally, I am feeling well again! Yeah for me. My Howard Hughes phase is officially over. The worst part of all that yuk and sickness was the insomnia. I had trouble sleeping before I went to see the "doctor", but I'm sure it was made worse by some nasty medication she gave me. When I finally went back to her for help in the sleep department, she was absolutely nasty. SO...since I'm not made of money, and couldn't afford to go see another "doctor", I decided to call every pharmacist in town and ask their opinions. After that, I got on the trusty Net and did some further research. Normally I'm not the kind of person to do what I ended up doing. But I was desperate. I don't have children for a reason: I VALUE MY SLEEP!!! And I felt that if I had to live another day of my life in that misery, it just wasn't worth it. Now, keep in mind, I'm not suggesting anyone else do this, and I'm NOT recommending it. But here's what I did...I went all over town and gathered my sleep aides: Benedryl, Magnesium, Melatonin, Valerian tea, and a sleep mask. Before I went home, I stopped at one more pharmacist and told him my plan, and I asked, "Is this going to kill me?" and he said "No". SO...I took 400 mg Magnesium at 5 pm, 2 Benedryl at 9:30 pm, 1 mg of Melatonin at 10 pm, drank the tea at 10:30 pm and put on my mask. I have NEVER slept so good in my whole life. And I've been having no trouble at all since. Again, yeah for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home