Sunday, September 10, 2006

Just say "No" to do-it-yourself Internet research

Since I'm not exactly in agreement with my doctor about why it is I'm having trouble breathing, I decided to go on-line and have a look-see at side effects of the drugs I'm taking as well as search for info about my symptoms. Apparently, the pill I'm taking can cause anxiety and panic attacks, so that could be the reason for the shortness of breath (but I don't feel anxious). The pill and the patch together can raise your blood pressure and heart rate so, that could be it (except I know it isn't 'cause I'm monitoring for that). The patch could be too strong (but going without it seems to make no difference). According to my research on the Net, I should stop taking any drugs, cease chewing my favorite sugarless gum, have a dentist remove my silver fillings, stop using a cell phone, never eat microwaved food, jump up and down while repeating "take me to my happy place", and never, ever use the Internet again to diagnose myself. Wise advice indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home