Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Q & A

Q: I have done every diet in the book, and none of them work. Why do you think Body for Life is any different?
A: Well, the word diet is defined as "the usual food and drink of a person or animal" - so a diet is anything you eat, really. Diet can also be defined as "a regulated selection of foods, as for medical reasons or cosmetic weight loss." If the latter definition is what you have in mind when using the word, then I must say, Body for Life isn't a "diet" per se. Diets don't "work". A healthy way of eating, however, leads to a generally healthy body. And that is what BFL is all about. The suggested "eating plan" from BFL promotes eating fruits, veggies, fats and proteins in the right amount at the right times to optimize your exercise routine, muscle building and fat loss...If you follow the plan, you never feel hungry or deprived much like people do when they go on these fad-diets which have short-term results at best. Body for Life is "for life".

Q: What does a typical day of eating look like for you?
A:
Meal 1 - Myoplex Lite shake (vanilla) /c 1 tablespoon Udo's flaxseed oil
Meal 2 - cottage cheese, apple
Meal 3 - grilled chicken, banana, broccoli
Meal 4 - cottage cheese, apple
Meal 5 - can o tuna, wheat toast with organic peanut butter
Meal 6 - Something from the Eating for Life cookbook
Meal 7 - (when I stay up too late) either another shake or a protein bar

Q: I have a lot of back pain from a torn muscle I got in a sports injury last year. Can I still do Body for Life?
A: While I am a health care professional, I can't fully answer your question without more information. Your best bet is to consult a doctor and find out if you have any lifting precautions. I had back pain when I started, and working out actually helped. In fact, most healthcare professionals actually promote exercise as treatment for pain, but like I said, you should consult a Dr. before starting any intensive workout plan.

Q: How can I start my own blog?
A: I tried a lot of blog sites before I chose this one (blogger.com). It's really easy to use and customize. They have a really good help section, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home