Monday, February 13, 2006

"Take a deep breath and count to 10"

I'm having a panic attack. Why? I'm switching jobs and today is the day I decided to deal with the awful business of the "401K rollover" or as I call it: "Perhaps I can retire to a lovely fridge box in the Hamptons when I'm 109" - it's a gentle reminder of what little I have to show for my 31 years here on earth. Also gotta do something about health insurance - lot's o forms to fill out there...Also, I'm sore from working out yesterday (upper body). Also, I haven't been studying my Italian much and I fear I will let il Maestro down! Also, Michelle Kwan! Also, tomorrow is Valentine's Day which means I get to watch all the women I work with get flowers and candy and balloons and various crap delivered by singing men in diapers. Maybe this year I'll get to see the guy that came in the alligator costume. Perhaps that would lighten the anxious twisting in my chest.
Happy Holidays, lovahs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert D. said...

Hey Elfette,
Nice to see I'm not the only one with nest egg envy. That 401K can be a good thing though, I paid off the house when I lost my last job & had to crunch it. Of course the $10,000 penalty come tax time wasn't fun. But ya only go around once, right? Let me know if you have any nice fridge box decorating ideas, I'm hoping to build a triple wide should the tax man cometh again.
Best Regards.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home