Monday, July 25, 2005

Confessions


Someone recently pointed out that while I look like a 30 yr old woman, I am in fact, a six year old boy. In addition to my great love of good shoes, I really like shoot-em-up video games, toys and comic books. My latest toy discovery, however, is a bit embarrassing. Yes, it's Bionicles. I was bored one day and wanted to "build" something. I was in the local drug store and found this cute little $4 model of a robot (?). I took him home, put him together in about 5 minutes and then realized he might get lonely. Now I have 3. (I think my Planet of the Apes dolls are jealous). Anyway, someone asked me if Bionicles was a cartoon or what. I had no idea and didn't care. Until last night when I was at the video store and happened upon Bionicle the Movie! Delightful. I had no idea that Bionicles have such a rich history. And apparently a huge following...no doubt made up of six year old boys....and me :)
Bionicle sites:
Bionicle (official Lego web site)
Mask of Destiny (fan site)
Neat

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny to read. My 7 year old boy is just CRAZY about bionicles. He has three large dresser drawers full of spare parts. He has seen all the movies (therefore so have I... Dozens of times), and built things far beyond what the Lego company probably imagined their toys could be fashioned into. He has built a utility belt, bionicle glasses, various weapons and flying things, and some robots that I would think Lego would be proud of using the spare parts in the most creative ways. He got addicted when he was 4 years old, and is a regular expert by now.

1:07 PM  
Blogger fuzzyelf said...

...ah..if only I could get in to those dresser drawers....

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home