Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Q & A

Q: Are you also following the Eating for Life plan?
A: For me, the cookbook, Eating for Life by Bill Phillips, is a small adjunct to Body for Life. It has some wonderful recipes, but I only eat from it 2-3 times a week for night time meals only. The reason for this is that I generally tend to eat clean and simple. For instance two common meals for me are:
1) cottage cheese, apple, carrots
2) can o tuna, broccoli, banana
The recipes in BFL utilize things like sour cream, cheddar cheese, Butter Buds, etc...while all these things are low-fat, they aren't always the best choice for me. I get most of the fat I need from eating fish and taking flaxseed oil. BUT, the program is called Body FOR LIFE..it's the "for life" part that's important to note. And I find that most folks need more variety in their foods than I do.

Q: Do I have to use meal replacement or protein shakes to do Body for Life?
A: Definitely not. Shakes are a great way to save time, and I actually like them, myself. But if you have time to prepare real food instead, it's probably better for you. I like the Myoplex Lite Vanilla flavor :)

Q: Body for Life seems complicated, and I feel overwhelmed by all the information out there...
A: For newbies, I suggest just reading Body for Life and going "by the book." As you get into the program, you may want to join an on-line group that can help answer questions or offer suggestions on ways to "tweak" your program. Here's a good one for the ladies: Yahoo BFL Women's group. You can also e mail me with questions. If I don't know the answer, I'll try to find it for you :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home